Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Number 23

I don’t particularly care for Jim Carrey. This doesn’t make me a minority. I don’t think a lot of people care for him. I don’t have anything clever or pithy to say about why I don’t like him, either. I think he is obnoxious when he tries to be funny, and I think he is overly schmaltzy when he does drama.

But I’ll be damned if I don’t like me some movies about people who go all psycho because they start to see insane patterns in their lives. This happened to me with pi once. Sorry, I meant pie. And actually, I was just eating a lot of pie for a while. So, its not really the same thing.

Also, does anyone else think that they put Virginia Madsen’s neck on upside-down?

Watch the trailer and enjoy the numb3r w0rd5.

2 comments:

spiffae said...

come on - eternal sunshine? totally excellent, and here Jim seems to be channeling Joel from that movie, but a little more crazy. And come on now, Liar Liar? Excellent film.

Anonymous said...

It's basically a multi-million dollar Sesame Street segment.

"9 + 14 = 23!"

Next there'll be a movie where they count to 10 in Spanish. And Shakira cameos with Elmo and some other less popular muppet.