Friday, December 02, 2005

First Descent


"Snowboarding is the worst sport ever, blah blah blah, we're a bunch of snowboarders, big dumb deal, we, like, jump off mountains with, like, boards on our feet man."

That about sums up the first half of the First Descent trailer. Not a promising start, unless you like snow, boards, and bad haircuts. The second half is where they get you. The tone of the trailer changes, the dumb rock music, the stupid announcer, the TV interview style titles - all gone, replaced by amazing cinematography, perfect music, and the best killer shot I've seen in a long time. I think whoever cut this trailer was really happy with that last part, because it rocks. More than anything, the killer shot (which I won't spoil, go watch the trailer) reminds me of the Night Watch trailer. But it's real, so it's better. I'm impressed.

Trailer (Apple)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that terje!

MertMengelmier said...

It's really right, you know, that snowboarders are the ones to test out new terrain. I love that there are no special effects, either. If someone dies, I'm totally gonna go back and see it again! Oh death, how you ever spur me to snow movies. It's a Wonderful Life = death = glory.