Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ratatouille

Brad Bird directs a second Pixar movie? It will be excellent, sign me up. It takes place in Paris? Again, sign me up. Snooty restaurants, french accents, and whining accordions? Movie gold. The entire first bit of this trailer pulls heavily on the fantastic kitchen seqence from The Little Mermaid, and I couldn't be happier. I hope the movie has crazy kitchen chase after crazy kitchen chase, but even if it doesn't, I know it will be good.

That said, I am not crazy about the trailer. I know that this is the way early not-from-the-movie trailer that pixar always does, the cars one was pretty bad, and that movie turned out fine. The Incredibles one was amazing, but let's face it - everything about that movie was amazing. The Ratatouille trailer starts off really well, I mean who doesn't want to see a kitchen get smashed up while a funny rat runs around, but when it cuts to the expositition, I'm less taken. I don't know much about the voice actor for the main guy, he has done a bunch of TV and small parts, and frankly his voice is kind of annoying when he's shouting to his dad. I trust that the decision is a sound one, and that the movie will be excellent, but the trailer in a vaccuum - it's not quite the magic it could be.

Final verdict: Trailer - 7 / Movie prediction - 10.

Watch the trailer here. (Apple.com)

This is a little early, as I am traveling again this Friday. Forgive me, boys.

3 comments:

MertMengelmier said...

I am so happy you reviewed this trailer; I fucking love it.

spiffae said...

I am so happy you loved this trailer; I fucking reviewed it.

Accidentally Disastrous said...

I am so happy you wrote Wednesday's update; I fucking didn't do it.