Monday, February 27, 2006

ATL



Few film trailers pass my "Now Suck My Dick, Stinker!" or "I once swallowed a semi-large spatula" test, but ATL very much does. The test is simple: after every line of dialogue in the trailer, you must scream (or moan) "Now suck my dick, stinker!" or "I once swallowed a semi-large spatula!" and if it works, if it rolls, then the movie passes the test and it is a definitively great trailer. For example, here is one line from the film ATL, starring Outkast's Big Boi and some other random, but equally captivating no-doubt-RADA-trained stars, slotted to come out next month: "Take a ride with your boy, come on, now suck my dick, stinker!" Or "And I won't forget where I come from! I once swallowed a semi-large spatula!" Jaws, The Thin Red Line, A Fish Called Wanda, The Passion of the Christ and Step off my Enormous Rod: the Story of Rod Stewart all pass the test with flying colors. "What is this test?" you ask as you read this and eat thin mints. Check out ATL and test it out.

No comments: