Sunday, March 05, 2006

Illusion


This is a painful trailer. There are many terrible things about the film that I will go into later, but a main one must be addressed. Poor, poor Kirk Douglas. Knowing a stroke victim is difficult, watching them waste away into death is even worse. Someone should have had the balls to tell Mr. Douglas, “You shouldn’t do this. You are one of the elder statesmen of film; You are Spartacus! Let your fans remember you as that.” I am all for the elderly being in the public view, but jesus, listening to him say “I wanted to see my son, before I died”, is just so sad.

But lets move on.

Fuck you Michael Goorjian. When a first time director plays three roles is his film, we call it a “vanity piece”(or Diary of a Mad Black Woman). But when a first time director plays three roles, parades a stricken Kirk Douglas, and makes a bullshit film about life after death and second chances so trite that it makes What Dreams May Come look like high art, they should be ashamed.

Plus, your production company logo looks like it belongs to a beach resort. And no one here likes you.

1 comment:

MertMengelmier said...

Wow. That is terrifically, like Underworld, bad - I love in trailers when someone says something like, "I knew it was the end," and then in big white letters on a black screen pops up "The End?"