Friday, June 09, 2006

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Well here's a brilliant idea. You can only watch the trailer between 10:00 PM and 4:00 AM. What genius came up with that piece of marketing? If I'm interested in a movie and the trailer comes out, when I click the link I want to see the goddamn trailer. Here is a little fuck you to whoever came up with this marketing coup.

24 hour link to the large trailer

Since I am late to writing this and it is 10:46, I can watch it and comment on it, and it is my great displeasure to say that the trailer is actually pretty good and full of nice sound work, good editing, and excellent visuals. Probably though, if I were to see it when I am wide awake and not tired, I would see through the flimsy production and realize that this is a terrible trailer, but since I can only see it half asleep, I think it's pretty good. May this actually was a good idea. They should only show the movie from 10 to 4, that way no one would ever see the movie fully cognizant of what was going on, and thus would report that it was good. That's actually an idea - you could probably manufacture a movie to appeal to people who are really tired, calm music, peaceful, sleepy images, and then flashes of shocking horror to keep you awake. Holy shit I think I just figured it out. The trailer starts with a damn lullaby, for Christ's sake.

Five stars for marketing genius.

I still won't see this movie though.

Trailer page (from 10pm to 4am)

No comments: