Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ghost Rider

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
The trailer looks dumb. So does Ghost Rider. Sorry to ruin it.

While a skeleton engulfed in flames look marvelous on the printed page, it does not translate well to live action. Especially not when that action is a skeleton hand is zipping up a zipper.

Furthermore, would it have killed them to play "Bad to the Bone"? Logic dictates that if there is a motorcycle anywhere on screen at any time, Bad to the Bone should be playing. As you watch the trailer, imagine the song kicking in right as the hand zips up the zipper. Actually, cue the song to about 8 seconds and start it during the black out before the zipper, and let it play through the rest of the trailer. There. Much better.

Two Cool Things

- Jumping a motorcycle over six Blackhawks on a football field? Awesome. That is the only word for it. I love the fact that Cage's friend tells him he is lucky to be alive after falling off his bike (see above). If I was Nick Cage I would be all: "I think I am lucky to be alive because I didn't fall on top of a fucking helicopter!"

- Sam Elliot. I wish this man lived in my head and narrated my life. I would smoke 8 packs a day if I thought I could get a voice like his. You get a little more of him in the International Teaser than in the domestic if you decide to watch one or the other. If he is the narrator of the film, it may actually be watchable.

Oh, and nice hairpiece, Nick. You look like a twat.

1 comment:

MertMengelmier said...

Jesus that's a hot post.